[RCU] mailto: from firefox

barul barul at barul.info
Tue Feb 17 11:54:28 CET 2015

On 2015-02-17 11:36, jfmxl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to be able to click on a mailto: link in firefox (iceweasel)
> and have it handled in another tabe by the round cube that handles my
> mail account.
>
> I didn't see a way to add another webmail client in firefox 31.4.0, so
> I typed about:config in the location box and searched for mailto:, and
> found the entries for yahoo and gmail.
>
> Since I have no gmail account I overwrote the name and uri there,
> specifying the uri I use for round cube on my account.
>
> But nothing happened. Yahoo and Gmail still show up under Edit |
> Preferences | Applications | mailto:, although about:config does show
> gmail gone and my mail provider's uri in its place.
>
> As well, Yahoo and Gmail had other stuff in the uri to reflect
> composition mode and the address to send to.
>
> How do I invoke round cube from firefox passing the to address and
> starting a compose session?
>
> Thanks.
You need to go into "about:config", then search for the line
'gecko.handlerService.allowRegisterFromDifferentHost'. Change its value
to true.
Then open firefox webconsole (press F12), then copy/paste this
"javascript:navigator.registerProtocolHandler('mailto','http://mail.domain.tld/?_task=mail&_action=compose&_to=%s','RoundCube')",
but don't forget to change it with your own values (i.e. change
mail.domain.tld to whatever your working URI is).
Then press Enter, and it should be done.

Your email made me want to do it also, so it's tested and it works :)
--
barul