[RCU] Text signature vs. HTML signature

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Sat Jun 13 08:52:02 CEST 2015

On 06/12/2015 10:38 PM, Michael Heydekamp wrote:
>> Links:
>> ------
>> [1] http://www.xxxxxxxxx.de
>
> Even more senseless links! And so on...

Just a note: the checkbox does "convert to another format" not "get back
the previous content".

> As I said, I don't get it. What's that for...? Can somebody explain?

The signature editor, message compose editor and message preview use the
same code for text-to-html and html-to-text conversion. While generation
of "links footer" in some cases might be useful I think that indeed we
should disable this feature here. We should probably also set the plain
text signature field to use font-family: monospace.

Next, I see a small issue in the "links footer" here, it doesn't make
sens to put a link in the footer for cases when the link text is the
same as link href attribute. So, some improvements here are also possible.

The wrong spacing on html-to-text switch is another issue.

Finally, we should probably display the same warning when editor type is
switched, as we do in the compose editor. User should be aware that
format change is not a lossless operation.

Feel free to create a ticket.

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak
Kolab Groupware Developer        [http://kolab.org]