[RCU] Error "Invalid request! No data was saved."

Niklaas Baudet von Gersdorff niklaas at kulturflatrate.net
Thu Sep 24 10:33:26 CEST 2015

On 24/09/15 09:16, A.L.E.C wrote:
> "Invalid request! No data was saved" indicates CSRF security token check
> fails. Something is wrong with session or something (proxy?) removes
> X-Roundcube-Request header (or less likely POST parameter).

I am quite sure that that it's related to proxying roundcube. I got it
working by moving it outside of the proxy. Since then I don't get the
error message anymore.

What is necessary to setup roundcube behind an Apache proxy? I tried to
get it work with a simple

> # proxy the connection to webmail
> ProxyPass /webmail/ http://127.0.2.4/
> ProxyPassReverse /webmail/ http://127.0.2.4/
> ProxyPassReverseCookiePath /webmail/ /

I am not sure about the `ProxyPassReverseCookiePath` setting.

I haven't tried it with nginx yet though. Maybe a simple

> location / {
>     proxy_pass       http://127.0.2.4;
>     proxy_set_header Host      $host;
>     proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
> }

does it. Any experience?

--

    Niklaas