[RCU] connection to storage server failed

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Wed Nov 9 00:17:24 CET 2016

On 08 Nov 2016, at 09:09, @lbutlr <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:
> I am getting this error after updating to dovecot2-2.2.26.0_1 under FreeBSD 10.2 when a user tries to login via roundcube webmail. I am able to login via my own mail client and there is no error in the log when roundcube fails to login.
>
> I stopped dovecot, removed all the dovecot files from the maildir folders and restarted dovecot, but get the same error.
>
> <https://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=473>

Some more information:

 # openssl s_client -connect localhost:993
CONNECTED(00000003)
depth=0 C = US, ST = Colorado, L = Denver, O = COVISP, CN = mail.covisp.net, emailAddress = admin at covisp.net
verify error:num=18:self signed certificate
verify return:1
depth=0 C = US, ST = Colorado, L = Denver, O = COVISP, CN = mail.covisp.net, emailAddress = admin at covisp.net
verify return:1
---
Certificate chain
[etc]

logging in via my mail software works fine:

16:13:49 mail dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<kremels>, 23.24.150.141, PLAIN, TLS

But from round cube:

IMAP Error in /usr/local/www/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap.php (193): Login failed for kremels from 23.24.150.141. Could not connect to ssl://localhost:993: Unknown reason