[RCU] forward as html with attachment: "failed to send message"

Bob Miller bob at computerisms.ca
Wed Nov 9 08:08:44 CET 2016


I meant to report back on this quite a while ago.  I found that by 
disabling the plugin called "Prevent Sending Spam" seems to have solved 
the problem.  At least nobody is reporting any further problems...



On 2016-09-10 02:56 PM, Bob Miller wrote:
> Hello Again,
>
> Unfortunately it seems my problem has returned. Specifically that when a
> mail is forwarded or replied to in html, and the mail has attachments,
> the user is presented with an error "failed to send message" when
> clicking the send button.
>
> The same user that reported it last time says it is still happening. She
> cannot determine if she has successfully forwarded an html message with
> an attachment since I last upgraded, so all I can say is that I was not
> able to reproduce the issue after I upgraded to 1.1.5, but I am able to
> reproduce it now.  in chrome and firefox.
>
> I have since upgraded to the latest 1.2.1, but there is no change in the
> behaviour.
>
> I do use several of the old myroundcube plugins (and eagerly awaiting
> roundcube next for a new caldav/everything system). I have tried
> disabling most of them, and a number of standard plugins, one at a time.
> no change from doing that.
>
> I have enabled debug logging.  I only see activity in the sql logs,
> where there are no apparent errors or failures, and the following
> warnings in the error log:
>
> Warning: Call to deprecated function get_input_value(); See bc.inc for
> replacement
> Warning: Call to deprecated function get_table_name(); See bc.inc for
> replacement
> Warning: Call to deprecated function write_log(); See bc.inc for
> replacement
>
> I also see no activity in dovecot of mail server logs, so it seems to me
> the issue lies strictly within the compose page, as though the crafted
> mail does not pass validation and is therefor not moved forward to any
> kind of sending activity.  On that theory, I got the source of the
> compose page and ran it through tidy.  There were a pile of warnings,
> but nothing looked like an issue to me, and there were no errors.
>
> The only idea I have left to troubleshoot is to remove all the plugins
> and see if one of them is the issue.  That would have to be scheduled
> for off-hours.  If anyone has any further suggestions regarding how I
> might troubleshoot this, I would appreciate to hear them...
>
>
>
> On 2016-08-23 12:37 PM, Bob Miller wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>> ps. no matter what changelog says, always use most recent version in
>>> your branch. If you don't want 1.2, use 1.1.5.
>>>
>> Upgrade to 1.1.5 seems to have cleared the problem, and MyRoundcube
>> plugins are still all working...
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Roundcube Users mailing list
>> users at lists.roundcube.net
>> http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users
> _______________________________________________
> Roundcube Users mailing list
> users at lists.roundcube.net
> http://lists.roundcube.net/mailman/listinfo/users


More information about the users mailing list