[RCU] Login Error

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat Nov 19 15:46:43 CET 2016

On 19/11/2016 08:02, Peter Fraser wrote:

> Guys
> I really would like to try roundcube but as I research this I am seeing so many people with the same exact error, many of them for different reasons. For some it is suhosin, I don't have that. Others https settings, I have none. I have tried so many different settings in the past two days and it's getting a bit frustrating now. Is there any step by step way I could troubleshoot this? Dovecot is up and running fine. I can log in with all the other clients I have tried except roundcube. Can anyone please even point me in the right direction.
>
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 1:35 PM, Peter Fraser <petros.fraser at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My bad. I did actually enable $config['smtp_user'] = '%u'; Just to mention that for example thunderbird mail client works fine. Squirrelmail also. I can log in see mail, reply etc. So I know the auth nechanisms are working.
>
> On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 1:04 PM, Benny Pedersen <me at junc.eu> wrote:
> Peter Fraser skrev den 2016-11-18 18:54:
>
> $config['db_dsnw'] =
> 'pgsql://roundcube:password@localhost/roundcubemail';
> $config['mime_types'] = '/usr/local/etc/nginx/mime.types';
> $config['smtp_server'] = 'mail.domain.com [1] [1]';
>
> $config['smtp_port'] = 25;
> not very good port selected here, real inbound and sasl auth inbound should keep ports seperated, change to port 465 or 587, depending on needs
>
> $config['smtp_pass'] = '%p';
> missing smtp_user aswell with %u
>
> $config['des_key'] = 'rcmail-!24ByteDESkey*Str';
>
> I would really appreciate any help and disable sasl auth on port 25, but keep starttls
>
> telnet localhost 25
> ehlo localhost
>
> must NOT show AUTH

Ensure you meet minimum requirements, to me it sounds like an antique
version of php based on incidents a few years back

--
Kind Regard,

Noel Butler

 		This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright
protected under international law. You may not disseminate, discuss, or
reveal, any part, to anyone, without the authors express written
authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender then delete all copies of this message including attachments,
immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not
waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message. Only
PDF [3] and ODF [4] documents accepted, please do not send proprietary
formatted documents

Links:
------
[1] http://mail.domain.com