[RCU] SMTP and IMAP/STARTTLS

Rich Lott itmanager at peopleandplanet.org
Wed Oct 11 15:22:41 CEST 2017

Hi

I have two questions

1. Roundcube allows a list of domains for IMAP through the
$config['default_host'] = Array() config option. The different hosts
require different SMTP settings also, but it seems that the smtp
settings are assumed to be static. Is there a hook or such that allows
me to set some config after a user is logged in, and based on the host
(etc) they selected? i.e. someone who selects foo.com as the host needs
to send to smtp.foo.mailserver.com and someone who selects bar.com as
the host needs to send via localhost.

2. My (externally controlled) IMAP host offers STARTTLS over port 143
(it does not open port 993). It's not clear to me whether RC is moving
to TLS after the initial unencrypted connection. I don't want to use an
insecure connection, but I can't see a way to check or specify that
STARTTLS must be done?

Many thanks, and apols if these are daft questions, but I have read the
config files and wiki, I promise :-)

--
Rich