[RCU] RC with Davical and calendar plugins from git.faster-it.com - any success?

Computerisms Corporation bob at computerisms.ca
Thu Oct 12 20:37:30 CEST 2017

Hi Ivars,

Thanks for replying.

I seem to have made quite a bit of progress, I got calendars working and
syncing with thunderbird and changes seem to be syncing both ways.  I
had some troubles with recurring events not showing up at all but got
that working, and I had to modify the carddav.php folder for the
birthdays to work (actually, I dont' know if they work, but no more
error in the logs).  But I am not able to get attachments or
participants to work yet.  Still, it is encouraging that you got it
going, I will keep trying...

On 2017-10-11 11:33 PM, Ivars Strazdiņš wrote:
> [...]
> Another thing is that I had to modify source to get it working as stated
> before.
> But I tried to diff again freshly checked out source and there are
> massive changes in
> https://gitlab.awesome-it.de/kolab/roundcube-plugins/tree/feature_caldav
> So this all seem to be a moving target. The version I have is definitely
> not the version you have.
> It’s interesting why they commit broken stuff that doesn’t work out of
> box, but it’s their code and their playground.
> Sorry that I can’t help you more on this.
>
> Kind regards,
> Ivars
>
>> On 11 Oct 2017, at 22:00, Computerisms Corporation
>> <bob at computerisms.ca <mailto:bob at computerisms.ca>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ivars,
>>
>> I am wondering if you had any success with this in the end?  I have
>> been playing with this plug in for a day or so now and also not having
>> any luck.  I haven't found a problem with expand_user function, but I
>> worked around insert_default_calendar by commenting the call to the
>> function, since I want only caldav anyway.  I have been working my way
>> through several patches in the kolab repository, and every time I do I
>> get new problems and errors, but I don't know if that is fixing it or
>> making it worse.
>>
>> I have a copy of the myroundcube calendar/calendar_plus plugin, which
>> I also tried to get working, but it seems to rely on the plugin system
>> they were using, and I am not sufficiently skilled in programming to
>> decipher its hiccup, and I don't want to try and transfer their whole
>> plugin system to a new server.  The license on the software doesn't
>> seem to prohibit me from changing the code, but it does prevent me
>> from distributing it, so a dead end road anyway...
>>
>> I had really hoped the roundcube_next project would solve this caldav
>> issue, but can no longer afford to wait on this...
>>
>> On 2017-06-01 06:16 AM, Ivars Strazdiņš wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> has anyone succeeded to setup RC with Davical and calendar plugins
>>> from these guys? https://git.faster-it.com/roundcube_calendar/about/
>>> I have made two attempts, but calendar plugin throws error:
>>> [01-Jun-2017 15:44:21 +0300]: <lv2ds8jr> DAV Error: Not authenticated
>>> in
>>> /usr/share/roundcubemail/plugins/calendar/lib/SabreDAV/lib/OldSabre/DAV/Client.php
>>> on line 425 (GET /?_task=calendar)
>>> I have debugged that the plugin passes base64 encoded string '%p'
>>> instead of real user password to authentication backend. But why and
>>> how to fix that - I have no idea really. There is SabreDAV and
>>> OldSabre packed inside plugin which makes things even more interesting :/
>>> Once, on my first attempt, I had managed to setup plugin so that it
>>> was able to write to CalDAV database, but not able to read (verified
>>> from other client). Now I cannot even repeat that with second
>>> installation. I get above error message on both GET and POST