[RCU] Is there a plugin button that will rename email files instead of moving them to the .Trash dir?

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Sun Nov 25 11:11:17 CET 2018

Gnul,

On 2018-11-25 12:14, Gnul Char wrote:
> Is your SMTP mail server Postfix?

No, QMail and there is no chance of changing that for the foreseeable
future . .

> Any sever that uses "maildir" is easy this way: simply have a
> scheduled cron job, run as the postfix or equivalent user, to "mv" the
> directories or files daily. I mention this method based on your scale
> of use.

But I want to keep the renamed ".1504 . . " files in the same cur dirs
until that cron job happens - the question is how to rename the file
using a button or something?

> Else you can use "sieve" to do this for you, in it's syntax. Installed
> along with Postfix is great. Usually per-user configured, with an
> awesome "manage sieve" Roundcube plugin. You can manually install
> configs for every user on the file system; also may place in /etc/skel
> or other new user creation script, so all new users get your choice of
> rules, depending on your mail storage configs.

Don't use Postfix on this server . .

> With limited details, it appears your request is outside the Roundcube
> scope, but easily solved with other means.

Yes, someone else suggested a plugin which I can't find but maybe
writing my own plugin is an option?

Thanks,

Phil.