[RCU] can't login after upgrade

Vincent Van Houtte vvh at aplusv.be
Mon Oct 8 18:36:23 CEST 2018

On 2018-10-08 18:15, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 08.10.18 um 17:14 schrieb Vincent Van Houtte:
>> These errors clearly say that the user 'arcgraph' does not exist, that
>> RC wants to create the user by logging in (I don't believe this is
>> default - an unknown user should just be rejected imho), and that the
>> subsequent attempt to create that user fails.
>>
>> There is also the mention of a plugin that may interfere here. Can you
>> disable all plugins for the sake of testing?
>
> bullshit
>
> Field 'alias' doesn't have a default value (SQL Query: INSERT INTO
> `users` (`created`, `last_login`, `username`, `mail_host`, `language`)
> VALUES (now(), now(), 'arcgraph', 'www.arcgraphics.ch', 'en_US')
>
> the table has a column 'alias' with no default value which is not
> listed
> in the insert - mysql basics

Although your assessment is correct, it misses the overall picture. The
question relates to an existing installation that was merely updated.
There is no reason why RC would need to create (INSERT INTO 'users') a
new user upon login.

Even if my suggestion would be wrong, I don't see any reason to use such
language, especially from someone dissing the lack of respect of other
people.

Kind regards,
Vincent