[RCU] Slow displaying INBOX with thousands emails

Alexey alukardd at alukardd.org
Wed Oct 24 19:59:20 CEST 2018

Hello.

I have user with approximately 500000 emails in his INBOX folder and
this is not limit. And there is some inconvenience in viewing this
folder. It takes about 5-7 seconds to display list of emails in folder.
Pagination is set to 100 emails per page. I checked that IMAP server
complete request "FETCH 1:100 ENVELOPE" in 147ms, and "FETCH 1:*
ENVELOPE" in 6 second. This is why I begun to think that RoundCube may
request for all emails instead of 100. Roundcube is configured for
default sort order: descending by receiving date.

Regards, Alexey.