[RCU] Slow displaying INBOX with thousands emails

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Sat Oct 27 17:30:58 CEST 2018

On 10/27/18 12:01 PM, Alexey wrote:
>> So, you're showing the imap server timings. Note the response need to
>> be sent and parsed by the client.
> Yes, and since my client is roundcube I wrote to this maillist, to solve this performance
> issue.

I'm just pointing out that e.g. a slow connection can cause the issue, so this don't have
to be Roundcube's fault. Is the IMAP server on the same host? What PHP version? What
Roundcube version?

>> hint: you can set $config['performance_stats'] = true
> mail [1.2 МБ/1.5 МБ]: 0.1386 sec
> mail/getunread [929 КБ/997 КБ]: 0.0092 sec  (it's probably for showing counters in folders
> tree)
> mail/list [1.3 МБ/52 МБ]: 1.0174 sec

Here I see that list request takes 1 second. So, where's your 5-7?

ps. If you provide full debug log with THREAD and SORT responses I might take a look at
the code and see how performant is the parsing code and if there's any culprit. Also,
please be consistent/precise, first you say 5-7 seconds, then 3.5s and now I see 1 second.

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak
Kolab Groupware Developer         [http://kolab.org]