[RCU] Slow displaying INBOX with thousands emails

A.L.E.C alec at alec.pl
Sun Oct 28 10:41:44 CET 2018

On 10/27/18 9:35 PM, Alexey wrote:
> https://gist.githubusercontent.com/Alukardd/82418d77a148557fd2c4bb05bd37413d/raw/e62e4f76b47f5dbbeef377877a4f0ef9e8dc5ff3/imap

The file does not contain THREAD only SORT. And for SORT we can't probably do much. It's
0.8 sec. So, 1.2 - 0.8 = 0.4. The 0.4 second overhead is acceptable imho, and hard to
improve. Also, I don't see the overhead in the imap log, so it's hard to know where that
0.4s was spent. Maybe on writing to cache or on connecting to imap, that can be anything.

I expect some more place for improvement in THREAD response handling. I'm willing to
investigate if you provide the data. Also, you could enable memcache_debug, sql_debug and
performance_stats, to have more info.

--
Aleksander 'A.L.E.C' Machniak
Kolab Groupware Developer         [http://kolab.org]