[RCU] White List

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Wed Oct 31 16:47:16 CET 2018

On 2018-10-31 10:59, David M. Smith wrote:
> For reasons too depressing to recite, I was required by my employer to
> move my personal e-mail from its previous, cosy environment to
> something more "Suitable."  Since I already have material on
> Startlogic, I elected to make Stsrtlogic's RoundCube my default
> personal e-mail, and as such, it is working very nicely.  However, the
> volume of incoming garbage is annoying.  On my previous e--mail host,
> I maintained a White List of users or domains from which I was willing
> to receive e-mail.  Any source not on my white list received a polite
> message asking them to request access to my e--mail.
>
> Is there a similar feature on RoundCube?
>
> DMS

Hello, David.

Keeping in mind that Roundcube is really just a web based email client,
whitelisting or blacklisting domains is a task that is handled by the
underlying MTA (mail transport agent), such as Sendmail, Postfix, Exim.

Having said this, there are a great many plugins and addons available
for Roundcube that would give an administrator and user the ability to
manipulate some of that functionality. You may want to look into
installing and configuring the managesieve plugin, if you're running
your own server at Startlogic, which would also require
installing/configuring Sieve at the OS level.

If you are utilizing a managed service, you'll undoubtedly need to
contact Startlogic's support to determine whether or not they've got the
Sieve functionality installed and configured within their environment.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever
just stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1