[RCU] RCM appears to be the culprit for non-delivery of some emails to GMail addresses

Philip Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Mon Sep 3 17:50:39 CEST 2018

Reindl,

On 2018-09-04 00:49, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 03.09.18 um 16:29 schrieb Philip Rhoades:
>>>
>>> no idea about qmail (who uses such a completly unmaintained peice of
>>> software in 2018) but with postfix it's easy to get a BCC of submited
>>> messages
>>>
>>> main.cf:
>>> header_checks = pcre:/etc/postfix/header_checks_smtpd.cf
>>>
>>> header_checks_smtpd.cf:
>>> /^header-regex/ BCC destination at example.com
>>

>> That does not help - as I said - I HAVE the original sent mail in the
>> Maildir folder - I don't need a BCC . . you misunderstood and snipped
>> out the relevant information
>
> you said "of course since nothing is ever actually delivered or
> bounced,
> I can't compare the header lines of the failed emails to the successful
> emails"
>
> so when you say you can't compare WHY when you have it?

You are still misunderstanding - the mail has header lines that were
included by RCM and the local server - so that mail, stored in the Sent
folder, can easily be resent manually - which works.  The problem is
that because the mails that are sent unsuccessfully by RCM directly, and
appear to reach the GMail server and then disappear - we never see the
header lines that would be added by the GMail server(s) - so we can't
compare them to the mails that are resent manually and successfully.

P.
--
Philip Rhoades

PO Box 896