[RCU] Problem with Managesieve

B. Reino reinob at bbmk.org
Thu Apr 11 22:45:22 CEST 2019

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019, Diego Da Silva wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have configured the dovect.conf file, as follows:
>
> protocols = imap pop3 managesieve

You're missing the sieve protocol here. My (working) dovecot.conf has:
protocols = imap lmtp sieve

Check here:
https://wiki.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/ManageSieve/Configuration

it says that "The only thing you need to do to activate the ManageSieve
protocol support in Dovecot is to add sieve to the protocols=
configuration line in your dovecot.conf", so you may have read the wrong
manual..

>     plugin {
>        # Used by both the Sieve plugin and the ManageSieve protocol
>        sieve=~/currently-active-script.sieve
>        sieve_dir=~/sieve
>     }

I assume (for now) that the above is OK.
I'd first check if adding "sieve" to the protocols list solves your
problem. If not, you, me and/or other people might need to have a deeper
look.

Good luck!