[RCU] Plugin to reset password

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Mon Apr 29 22:58:12 CEST 2019

On 2019-04-29 08:51, Giles Coochey wrote:
> On 29/04/2019 13:29, Andreas Meyer wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> There is no plugin available to let a user reset her password, right?
>>
>> Kind regards
>>
>>    Andreas
>
> If you think about this, you'll realise that the answer is no.
>
> Roundcube is simply using the supplied credentials to the IMAP server,
> which could be on a completely different machine to the one running
> Roundcube.  Therefore, as within the IMAP protocol, there is no API
> for changing a user's password Roundcube could not do that by itself.
>
> If you're looking for a user self-service method of changing a
> password, then you'll need to look at the authentication method used
> by your IMAP server and provide a relevant tool at that end, not on
> the RoundCube front-end.

Andreas,

As you'll see by way of the two images I've attached, I'm afraid that
the above response is incorrect.

If you can't find it in <path-to-roundcube>/plugins/password, you can
find it at:

https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/tree/master/plugins/password

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever
just stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1