[RCU] Plugin to reset password

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Tue Apr 30 14:33:41 CEST 2019

On 2019-04-30 02:04, Andreas Meyer wrote:
> Mike Burger <mburger at bubbanfriends.org> schrieb am 29.04.19 um 16:58:12
> Uhr:

>> > If you think about this, you'll realise that the answer is no.
>> >
>> > Roundcube is simply using the supplied credentials to the IMAP server,
>> > which could be on a completely different machine to the one running
>> > Roundcube.  Therefore, as within the IMAP protocol, there is no API
>> > for changing a user's password Roundcube could not do that by itself.
>> >
>> > If you're looking for a user self-service method of changing a
>> > password, then you'll need to look at the authentication method used
>> > by your IMAP server and provide a relevant tool at that end, not on
>> > the RoundCube front-end.
>>
>> Andreas,
>>
>> As you'll see by way of the two images I've attached, I'm afraid that
>> the above response is incorrect.
>>
>> If you can't find it in <path-to-roundcube>/plugins/password, you can
>> find it at:
>>
>> https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/tree/master/plugins/password
>
> You're suggestion assumes that one is logged in to change the password.
> I was looking for a solution to reset the password if someone forgot it
> and
> can't login anymore.

Context is everything and that particular fact was missing from your
initial posing of the question.

You are correct...this particular plugin would not work...you would need
something else. My perusal of the plugin library does not indicate
anything is available.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever
just stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1