[RCU] Migrating mailserver roundcubemail going from v 1.0.3 to 1.1.12

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Feb 12 02:29:15 CET 2019

On 2/11/19 4:52 AM, Vincent Van Houtte wrote:

> On 2019-02-10 04:34, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> The question is has the mysql database definitions changed between
>> these versions?
>>
>> Can I simply copy the mysql database file from the old server to the
>> new server?
>>
>> Any thing I should watch out for if I do this for migration?
> I would suggest to follow the upgrade manual posted on the wiki:
> https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Upgrade
> I believe the database schema has changed, but the installer (if you
> have enabled it) should pick this up and run the update database
> script. If not, you could just try to run the script manually - the
> script is located in the ./bin directory IIRC (you did dump your
> database, right?)
> Why are you not upgrading to the 1.3 branch? I just installed 1.4b
> (admittedly on a very low traffic server) and it runs wonderfully.

The more I think about this, the more I am headed for a new database.
There is a timing issue that I have to deal with for the quota tables as
well.

Anyway, WRT 1.3 ver 1.1.12, for my 3 regular roundcube users that have
been using 1.0.3, their going to 1.1.12 should be OK.  All my other
users us PC IMAP clients (most Thuderbird) and only use RC for password
changes.

thanks