[RCU] upgrade to php 7.3

Andreas Meyer a.meyer at nimmini.de
Tue Jul 30 15:12:57 CEST 2019

Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> schrieb am 30.07.19 um 14:16:43 Uhr:

> Am 30.07.19 um 13:49 schrieb Andreas Meyer:
> > Today I upgraded from php 5.x to php 7.3 and removed php 5.x
> > completly. Now I found I get a blank screen calling roundcube.
> >
> > I then added error_reporting(E_ALL); ini_set('display_errors',
> > 'On');
> >
> > and get Notice: Undefined index: env in
> > /usr/share/roundcubemail/index.php on line 46 Notice: Undefined
> > variable: rcmail_config in
> > /usr/share/roundcubemail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_config.php on
> > line 325 Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in
> > /usr/share/roundcubemail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_charset.php on
> > line 223
> >
> > Is there a way to fix this? Should I install roundcube form
> > scratch?
>
> you probably did something else than just replace the PHP binaries
>
> we are currently on PHP 7.2 because 7.3 is far from production ready
> when trivial code like below recently was broken no matter that we
> have proper autotests for a 250000 LOC codebase which runs perfectly
> with 7.3 and 7.4 HEAD
>
> so i would not be suprised that you hit a similar or this bug
>
> /** https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=78271 */
> function bug78271($a, $b)
> {
>  if($a==10)
>  {
>   $w = "x";
>  }
>  else
>  {
>   $w = "y";
>  }
>  if($b)
>  {
>   $d1 = "none";
>   $d2 = "block";
>  }
>  else
>  {
>   $d1 = "block";
>   $d2 = "none";
>  }
>  return $d2.$b;
> }
> if(bug78271(1, 1) !== 'block1')
> {
>  trigger_error('https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=78271');
>  $exit_code = 1;
> }
>
> why don't you learn to build packages for roundcube and PHP combined
> with proper backups of your document roots so that you can upgrade and
> downgrade and reinstall everything in a clean way?

But wait, on one server with CentOS 7 on which roundcube runs fine I have

$ php -v
PHP 7.3.7 (cli) (built: Jul  3 2019 11:30:22) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.3.7, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
    with the ionCube PHP Loader + ionCube24 v10.3.7, Copyright (c) 2002-2019, by ionCube Ltd.
    with Zend OPcache v7.3.7, Copyright (c) 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies

and on the server (I installed php 7.3 today) I get a blank screen

# php -v
PHP 7.3.7 (cli) (built: Jul  3 2019 11:30:22) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.3.7, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies

I also changed <IfModule mod_php5.c> to <IfModule mod_php7.c> in the .htaccess
of roundcube but that did not change anything.

--
  Andreas
Dateiname   : nicht verfügbar