[RCU] filter by header

Vincent Van Houtte vvh at aplusv.be
Wed Nov 13 18:00:39 CET 2019

So, you're actually confirming that 'filter by header' is working
correctly, but that it is not sufficient as a measure against spam?

I believe you should direct your attention to configuring a spamfilter
such as spamassassin or spamd on your mailserver and then train that
spamfilter to become better at catching spam - this is not really
something you want a mailclient to handle.

HTH,

Vincent

On 2019-11-12 22:38, Marchello wrote:

> Hi all,
> How do I create filter by header?
> I installed filters plugin and I can see
>
> $config['spam_headers'] = array('X-Spam-Flag','X-Spam-Status','X-Yandex-Spam');
>
> line in my configuration file
>
> /var/www/html/example.com/roundcube/plugins/filters/config.inc.php
>
> I don't have any of these headers like X-Spam-Flag, X-Spam-Status, X-Yandex-Spam.
> But I have Delivered-To header that shows my username1 at gmail.com
> So I tried to add ,'Delivered-To' into config line, then created filter
>
> If the field [Delivered-To] contains gmail move the message to Inbox.gmail from Inbox (Messages: All, Mark: As read)
>
> But it didn't work for me.
> The problem is that some smart spammers do not include my email address into To: or Cc: field, so I can't filter it (those that include it go to needed folder indeed).
>
> Please advise.
>
> Best,
> Marchello

Vincent Van Houtte