[RCU] Roundcube Webmail 1.4.0 - Elastic released

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 15 16:44:35 CET 2019

On 2019-11-14 16:40, Nuno Dias wrote:
> After upgrading to this new release the send mail stopped to work, and
> now, no matter what I configure in smtp variables (tls, or only port
> 25) I have always the same error.
>
> SMTP Error: Authentication failure: SMTP server does not support
> authentication

config/defaults.inc.php in 1.4.0 includes:

// SMTP username (if required) if you use %u as the username Roundcube
// will use the current username for login
$config['smtp_user'] = '%u';

// SMTP password (if required) if you use %p as the password Roundcube
// will use the current user's password for login
$config['smtp_pass'] = '%p';

while config/defaults.inc.php in 1.3.10 has:

config['smtp_user'] = '';
$config['smtp_pass'] = '';

I suspect this is the source of your problems.

David Carter                             Email: dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.