[RCU] Signature in Webmail 0.8.1

Vincent Van Houtte vvh at aplusv.be
Tue Sep 1 11:51:23 CEST 2020

Gee, I wonder why people need to spend time debating whether they should
remove you from a mailing list for (1) lack of contribution, (2) ad
hominem attacks, (3) misguided advice and (4) troll-bait.

https://pagure.io/CoC/issue/6

Congratulations, you're the first one *ever* to make it to my
ignore-list.

@list: If this kind of behaviour is tolerated, then I'm out.

On 2020-08-31 10:07, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 31.08.20 um 08:54 schrieb Vincent Van Houtte: On 2020-08-28 11:11, Reindl Harald wrote:
>
> Am 28.08.20 um 10:28 schrieb Vincent Van Houtte: If that is not an option, you can also clone the 0.8.1 database and run
> the database upgrade script on the clone. I don't think you should
> expect difficulties, but I grew up with Windows 98, ME and XP - although
> I have moved to linux almost 20 years ago, I still prefer clean installs
> over upgrades... ;)
> wtf - a dist-upgrade on modern hardware takes a few minutes, most of my
> machines are installed with Fedora 9 and now running Fedora 32 because i
> have no time to repeat all my customizations and hardening again and
> waste hundrests of hours
>
> when you install a linux from scratch without a damnd good reason it's a
> mental poverty certificate

Not sure if this last comment was entirely necessary.
it was when someone handles Linux like Windows and seems to be proud of
that - frankly i even didn't re-install windows all the time back as i
used it

> Kudos for you if you found dist-upgrade to be the tool of choice for
> you. I manage my systems with fully idempotent Ansible playbooks

in other words you are throwing complexity in the game to fix your lack
of capabilities not ruin your systems

> installing from scratch AND applying all customizations takes about 1
> hour, on all machines in parallel. No need for dist-upgrade.

show me how you install from scratch without services down while a
dist-upgrade tzakes 2 minutes and a reboot of my servers 5-8 seconds as
for any ordianry kernel update

in 20 years i saw no single reason to re-install any linux - period

--
Vincent Van Houtte