[RCU] Misconfigured Mailing List DNS

roundcube at ptld.com roundcube at ptld.com
Mon Aug 16 01:03:56 CEST 2021

> Worry about your own ptld if I was before trying to have ago at others
>
> https://zonecheck.org/result/eff9260a9eda7515

Those issues like DNS resolving and EDNS at the end of your scan, were
not because there are errors, but because the scanner got IP banned part
way through generating the report, causing my DNS to stop replying. My
server IP bans unnecessary scanning because generally those are hackers
and people up to go good. But for argument sake i un-banned the IP's and
re-ran the report for you to nit pick at:

    https://zonecheck.org/result/92747571d6cc5c49

And your point? Because im using the same server for both DNS that
proves what? That everything i said is wrong? If what i said is wrong
how bout debate that on its own merits instead of resorting to this kind
of childishness. Hey look, i can run your domain too, omg you also have
warnings. So by your logic we are both equally what? Wrong?

My warning is ONLY for sharing DNS servers on the same /24, nothing
about actually being misconfigured unlike your server:

    No response from nameserver(s) on PTR query
(113.98.183.185.in-addr.arpa.).
    No response from nameserver(s) on PTR query
(3.5.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.c.5.1.0.5.0.0.0.0.0.d.d.4.0.a.2.ip6.arpa.).
    Nameserver ns1.ausics.net/45.58.49.89 allow zone transfer using AXFR.

Oops. How does that saying go about stones and glass houses.