[RCU] Misconfigured Mailing List DNS

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Mon Aug 16 02:25:09 CEST 2021

On 16/08/2021 09:03, roundcube at ptld.com wrote:

>> Worry about your own ptld if I was before trying to have ago at others
>>
>> https://zonecheck.org/result/eff9260a9eda7515
>
> Those issues like DNS resolving and EDNS at the end of your scan, were
> not because there are errors, but because the scanner got IP banned
> part way through generating the report, causing my DNS to stop
> replying. My server IP bans unnecessary scanning because generally
> those are hackers and people up to go good. But for argument sake i
> un-banned the IP's and re-ran the report for you to nit pick at:
>
> https://zonecheck.org/result/92747571d6cc5c49
>
> And your point? Because im using the same server for both DNS that
> proves what? That everything i said is wrong? If what i said is wrong
> how bout debate that on its own merits instead of resorting to this
> kind of childishness. Hey look, i can run your domain too, omg you also
> have warnings. So by your logic we are both equally what? Wrong?

you're the troll sprouting compliances ya muppet.

> My warning is ONLY for sharing DNS servers on the same /24, nothing
> about actually being misconfigured unlike your server:
>
> No response from nameserver(s) on PTR query
> (113.98.183.185.in-addr.arpa.).
> No response from nameserver(s) on PTR query
> (3.5.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.c.5.1.0.5.0.0.0.0.0.d.d.4.0.a.2.ip6.arpa.).
> Nameserver ns1.ausics.net/45.58.49.89 allow zone transfer using AXFR.
>
> Oops. How does that saying go about stones and glass houses.

yes, he who thinks he knows everything, zonecheck is run on my network
so of course my DNS servers will axfr for a test you dense donkey arse
hahahahaha

oh and yes  I have a tertiary dns server that has issues, sadly I cant
control that, its on a third party network, and its been unavailable for
4 hours, but I can control ns1 and ns2 which work perfectly :) as will
ns3 allllllll the way over in the NL when their engineers resolve the
SAN issue

--
Regards,
Noel Butler

This Email, including attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore at all times remains confidential and subject to
copyright protected under international law. You may not disseminate
this message without the authors express written authority to do so.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender then
delete all copies of this message including attachments immediately.
Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost
by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message.