[RCU] Plugin to allow/block login based on IP country

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sun Aug 22 04:57:39 CEST 2021

Kax:

It's not your place or mine to judge others operating methods, it's
their network.

Jorge:

AFAIK, no, there is no plugin that works today, however there used to be
a dnsbl module for apache, I've not used it in 10 years, since iptables
is more resource happy, I think apache's mod_security used to have the
capability once don't know if it still does.

Be nice of there was was a working fast dnsbl plugin for apache though,
use a countries based bl zone, would certainly remove about 15K entries
CN from my iptables, however the servers are not affected by that at
all...

how kernel and netfilter guys/gals got it so right - when cisco flops
out after mere hundreds of rules, however mikrotiks dont have that
problem and thats the way we've been going in recent years

--
Regards,
Noel Butler

This Email, including attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore at all times remains confidential and subject to
copyright protected under international law. You may not disseminate
this message without the authors express written authority to do so.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender then
delete all copies of this message including attachments immediately.
Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost
by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message.