[RCU] Plugin to allow/block login based on IP country

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Mon Aug 23 04:11:07 CEST 2021

On 23/08/2021 04:14, Kaz Kylheku wrote:

> It's not your place or mine to judge others operating methods, it's
> their network.

Really? then you admit ghosting on this list? Because OP is Jorge, so
its his  network not yours, he can run it how he sees fit

Well, we have not confirmed whose network it is, but it can be assumed
Jorge has charge of some aspects of it.

He doesnt have to confirm any damn thing.

> He does not "see fit", unfortunately. The requirement that user should
> be able to get to an application login screen, but then be denied login
> based on country, is not sound.
>
> If you're not going to let users log in based on their IP address, then
> you might as well not allow their TCP./IP connection at all, which is
> handled at the firewall level, not in the webmail application.

Are you serious? or are you just trolling the list? you really cant be
that stupid can you.

blocking by IP's by DNSBL or by firewalls has been going on for decades,
wake up and smell the coffee, some networks outright block IPs of
certain countries who are known to be a safe haven for scriddies.

Anyway why is it when someone asks about a plugin to do something,
idiots like you generate noise to the lists crapping on about how bad
that is dont do it blah blah F'n blah.

perhaps you are part of the problem he's trying to solve.