[RCU] How can I improve threading?

Steve Dondley s at dondley.com
Wed Sep 1 23:09:09 CEST 2021

I've been using RC for several months now. I am very pleased with it but
I have a short list of problems I'm not sure how to best resolve.

First, is threading. I recently upgraded from a 1.3.x version to 1.4.11.
In the 1.3 version, threading worked pretty well and child emails to the
OP were indented nicely and were in the proper order. However, with
1.4.11, I seem to have lost that. I still see the original post and all
the children nested below it, but all the children emails are flat (they
aren't indented). Even worse, they emails are not in chronological order
anymore. I don't think I changed any settings but I'm not seeing any
that would help me correct this problem.

Second, I have a few different email addresses. Often people will send
me the same email to two or even three different email addresses. I see
all the duplicates. This can probably be addressed on the
postfix/dovecot side of things but I'm not too skilled with either and
I'm afraid I will screw it up. I'm wondering if there is a plugin out
there or maybe some advanced filter settings that I could employ to
solve this problem.

Third, this is kind of related to threading. It's not that big of a
deal, but sometimes threads will get split between different inboxes.
For example, email #1 will come in and I'll respond to it with email #2.
Then I'll move that thread to an inbox. If the person sends me an email
in response with email #3, it goes to my main inbox, divorced from the
other earlier emails in the thread. I doubt there is an easy fix for
this but thought I'd ask.

Thank you.